Corn Bread Sloppy JoesFrom cardinal54 6 years ago
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 cup frozen corn shopping list
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained shopping list
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions, using the egg and milk.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, corn, chilies and sloppy joe mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Cut corn bread into six pieces; cut each piece in half.
- Top with sloppy joe mixture.