Norwegian Meatballs - KjottkakerFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- Meatballs: shopping list
- 4 slices whole wheat bread shopping list
- 3/4 cup hot skim milk shopping list
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground pork shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- ============================= shopping list
- Gravy: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon base shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, soak bread in hot milk until absorbed.
- Add all remaining meatball ingredients; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls by hand, or use a piping bag as illustrated in the recipe picture.
- Brown meatballs in a large nonstick skillet; add a little oil if necessary to keep from sticking.
- Drain; place meatballs in large casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- The Gravy:
- To make gravy, melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Mix bouillon into boiling water; add to flour mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of hot cooked rice or noodles.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating55 people
wow great recipe Chef love meatballs.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I really like meatballs and these sound good.bizzielizzie in Orillia loved it
Wow my Lainey!! you gots another winner!!
Love yah!! :)55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!