Sweet Potato Fries With Bleu Cheese Honey Chive DipFrom efitobx 5 years ago
- For the Fries shopping list
- 2 to 3 sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 large bowl of ice Cold water shopping list
- peanut or canola oil for Frying shopping list
- salt for seasoning. shopping list
- For the Dip shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/2 bunch finely chopped chives, plus extra for garnish shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Instructions for Fries
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4" slices, then julienne into 1/4" fries. Place them in the cold water as you cut them.
- Place thebowl in the refrigerator or periodically add ice to the bowl.
- Let them soak for at least one hour in the cold water
- In a heavy sauce pot, stock pot, Dutch Oven, or deep fryer, heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Remove fries from water. Place the fries on paper towels, then cover with more paper towelsand let drain for several minutes. Move the fries around a bit to get them as dry as you possibly can. Change out the paper towels as needed. You want the fries to be well dried before you proceed.
- Gently place the fries in the oil in small batches. Fry for 5 to 7 minutes and slightly browned
- Drain on paper towels a nd lightly season with salt.
- Instructions for Dip
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, blue cheese, honey and chives in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chives. Serve with Sweet Potato Fries.