Dutch Pea And Ham SoupFrom annielikestocook 7 years ago
- cups green split peas shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb ham bones shopping list
- 10 cups water shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, including tops, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 leeks, sliced shopping list
- 1 potato, chopped shopping list
- spicy smoked sausage(I like to use smoked Franfruters) , parsley and rye bread to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Soak split peas in cold water for several hours or overnight. Place bones, drained peas, water, celery, carrot and onion in a large pan. Bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 2 hours, or until the peas are tender.
- Add leek and potato; cook for another 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove ham bones from pan, chop the meat and return it to pan; discard bones.
- Cool mixture slightly; push through a sieve. Return to pan and heat through. TOp with sliced sausage and a sprig of parsley. Serve with rye bread.
- NOTE: If a chunkier soup is preferred, the sieving can be omitted.
The Cookannielikestocook Annacotty, IE
The Rating5 people
5 from me and saved to be made this week. Just made a ham and will have the bones. thank for the post.
joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
annie this is fantastic too i love soups !!!!! thanks for all your wonderful recipes today ......loved them all..........five........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
this is very much like my greatgrand mother use to make... it is so good....fivepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!