Veggie Cracked Whole Wheat Or veggie DaliaFrom cherryflower70 8 years ago
- Cracked whole wheat : 1/2 cup shopping list
- water : 1 1/2 cups shopping list
- Chopped vegetables of your preference shopping list
- ( I had cauliflower, peas, tomato, beans potato etc) shopping list
- Mustard seeds: 1/4 tsp shopping list
- cumin seeds – 1/4th tsp shopping list
- Chana dal: 1 tbs shopping list
- Ginger: 1tsp grate shopping list
- garlic – very finely chopped – 3 pods shopping list
- onion finely chopped – 1 shopping list
- Curry leaves- a few shopping list
- Can use the cilantro for garnishing shopping list
- garam masala – 1/4 tsp shopping list
- Salt: to taste shopping list
- Oil: 3tsp shopping list
How to make it
- Roast the cracked wheat in a wok till you get the toast aroma. Keep aside.
- Cut your selected vegetables finely.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker ( u can use a pan but I use it for saving time)
- Add cumin seed, mustard seed and let it splutter. Add the red chilli
- Add boiled chick pea dal , onion , grated ginger, garlic , curry leaves. Sauté for some time
- Add the vegetables. fry for some time tilll they are half cooked. Add the roasted cracked wheat and salt.
- Mix thoroughly for 3 min and add water.
- Close the lid of the cooker and let it whistle fully for 3 times
- When its open and see some water left still , turn on the gas and let it be there while stirring up with the garam masala powder ,and 1/2 tsp of pure ghee or butter ( optional)
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve this single pot meal while hot.