Maple Spiced Chicken And Sweet PotatoesFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, each cut across into thirds shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 lb. small sweet potatoes (see note), peeled and cubed shopping list
- cumin to taste shopping list
- coriander to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Hot Shot to taste shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
- 1/4 c. maple syrup (the real stuff!) shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400. Put chicken into shallow baking dish and tuck sweet potatoes between and around chicken. Sprinkle sliced garlic over evenly.
- Sprinkle liberally with cumin, next coriander, then salt, and finally some Hot Shot (or freshly ground black pepper and cayenne pepper). Squeeze the juice of a lime evenly over all and then drizzle with the maple syrup. Finally, dot well with butter.
- Roast chicken and sweet potatoes until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is very lightly browned - maybe an hour. I basted the dish 2 or 3 times during roasting. Delish!
- NOTE: While in SC on vacation, we bought tiny Puerto Rican sweet potatoes - deep red. Never heard of them before, but they were oh so good. I didn't even have to cube them, but simply sliced them across. When these run out I'll just use regular sweet potatoes.