Pasta Vasul-Beans and MacaroniFrom sudschick 7 years ago
- 1 stick of Hormel pepperoni shopping list
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 1 bag large dry white Northern beans washed and sorted shopping list
- 1 large fresh tomato wedged shopping list
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic shopping list
- 3 quarts or so of water shopping list
- 2 or so t salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp of basil shopping list
- 1 tbsp of oregano shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 t pepper shopping list
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni shopping list
How to make it
- Bring beans to a boil in about 3 quarts of water.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Strip pepperoni of skin and slice. Add to beans with a little more water if needed. (Texture should be between soup and stew)
- Also add onion, tomato, olive oil, garlic, basil and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until beans are nearly done. (one hour or so)
- Add salt and oregano.
- Simmer for 10 minutes longer and add elbow macaroni.
- Simmer until macaroni is just done.
- Tastes even better the next day!
The Cooksudschick Pahrump, NV
The Rating5 people
This sounds very good and very comforting. Love anything with great northerns in them. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This recipe is very much like my own.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
Very nice, Sudsy!! HIGH 5 and a frugal foodies
group add..(come join us!!:)lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!