Coquilles Saint-jacquesFrom 22566 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 Pounds Fresh scallops shopping list
- 1 Cup Sauvignon Blanc white wine shopping list
- 1/4 Cup parsley,snipped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 Cups White Truffles shopping list
- 2 shallots,chopped shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Cream shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Comte' cheese,shredded shopping list
- 1 Cup Homemade bread,crumbs,soft shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter,melted shopping list
How to make it
- Place scallops,wine,parsley and salt in a saucepan,making sure scallops are covered.
- Heat to boiling,reduce heat,simmer uncovered until scallops are tender,about 7 minutes.
- Remove scallops and reserve liquid.
- Heat liquid to boiling,boil and reduce to 1 Cup,strain and reserve.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons butter in saucepan,cook and stir truffles and shallots until tender,about 6 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add 3 Tablespoons butter,heat until melted
- Remove from heat,stir in flour,cook stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat,stir in reserved liquid,cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Stir in the cream,scallops,truffles,shallots and 1/4 cup of the comte' heat until hot.
- Toss bread crumbs in melted butter.
- Lightly brush 6 copenhagen china shells with butter.
- Divide scallop mixture among baking shells.
- Sprinkle with remaining comte' and crumbs.
- Set oven to broil.
- Broil about 5" from heat until crumbs are toasted,about 5 minutes.
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating8 people
Don't think it gets much better than that. Thanks and 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
white truffles,did some say white truffles? 5 ptsfrodo in meadville loved it
Oh my oh my! What a delicious combination! I want some of that right now :)
Great recipe - *5*gourmetana in London loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!