My kind of Yum-yums - Tulumba TatlisiFrom capedread 7 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup (400 ml) water shopping list
- 45 g (3 tbsp) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sunflower oil shopping list
- Syrup: shopping list
- 6 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Boil syrup ingredients in a large pot for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it cool down, divide into two different bowls. and chill well.
- Heat the water, butter and salt in a pot.
- When it starts to boil, lower the heat and add in the flour.
- Stiring constantly until the mixture leaves the sides of the pot and becomes doughy.
- Remove from the heat put aside for a few minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, blend well before adding the next.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large cooking pot on medium heat.
- Fill Pastry Bag with dough.
- Squeeze out pieces about 3/4 inch long
- Break them off with your finger.
- Fry each piece uniformly, push under using a slotted spoon.
- about 10-15 min till golden brown
- With slotted spoon scoop Tulumba onto kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- While still hot throw all the fried tulumba into the cold syrup in one bowl. Leave them in for as long as possible pushing them under occasionally.
- Make sure they all soak in the syrup.
- Use a perforated spoon to remove them from the syrup allow to drain back into the bowl. ( put back in fridge and use 2nd for next batch)
- Place on a large plate and serve while they are still crispy
The Cookcapedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
The Rating2 people
I love the words in this recipe's name! This also is a unique recipe. I think my kids will love these sticky, fried tulumba. Wow, this word is really catchy!juels in Clayton loved it