Lamb Chops From Dundee ScotlandFrom lor 8 years ago
- 4-6 leg of lamb chops, at least 1 inch thick shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. white wine shopping list
- (the original recipe calls for vinegar but I prefer white wine) shopping list
- 1/2 ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground garlic or 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4-6 Tbsp. marmalade - from Dundee or Keiller's to be authentic shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter or 2 ounces or 60g shopping list
- 75 ml. water or 2-1/2 fluid ounces shopping list
- 4-6 slices orange for garnish, depending on how many lamb chops you are cooking shopping list
How to make it
- Use a frying pan with a heavy base and a tight fitting lid.
- Brown the chops in the butter.
- Sprinkle the ginger, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper over the chops and add water and white wine / vinegar.
- Place a heaping tablespoon/dollop of marmalade on each chop.
- Bring to a slow simmer and cook for 50 minutes on a very low heat.
- If required, add a little extra water or wine.
- Garnish with a twist of orange and serve with a loaf of bread and your favourite vegetables.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
neve eaten Lamb sounds delicous will have to try it thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Good one. I agree, have to try this one. 5 from me
Arthurcookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
~ Hello ~
As far as I am concerned ~ if the recipe 'Hails'
from my ' Ancestral' Scottish Homeland
it HAS to be GOOD ~ "5"FORK!!!!! ~ GOOD ~
I Love Lamb and this recipe sounds Fabulous ~
Thank-you for sharing ~
Blessings...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it