Spring Onion PancakeFrom matelda 7 years ago
How to make it
- First make the dough by mixing the flour and salt then slowly pour in the water.
- Mix untill it is soft and smooth but not sticky. Do not add too much water.
- Let it sit for half and hour, cover with wet cloth.
- After half an hour, knead the dough till soft. Divide dough to 8-10 seperate balls. Cover with wet cloth.
- Coat lightly with flour, flatten and roll each ball till paper thin. It should roll out into a big round thin pancake.
- Sprinkle some salt, chicken stock and spring onions on top of the dough. Make it even.
- Add in the olive oil. (or cooking oil)
- Roll up the pancake gently like a sausage roll.
- Then roll again in a spiral movement round pancake.
- Flatten the pancake with hand, then roll it with a rolling pin.
- Heat the non-stick pan and fry the pancake. Turn in occasionaly.
- When it is ready, it should turn golden brown.
- **Do not add too much oli or it may spill out when you roll up the dough. Also if you like you may add in other ingredients but not too much. ie. Chillis for a spicy flavour