Chilled ZabaglioneFrom jkstern 8 years ago
How to make it
- Fit a bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water
- Put the egg yolks and sugar into the bowl.
- Using an electric whisk, start whisking the yolks and sugar over the simmering water.
- The mixture should become pale and thick like super-aerated double cream,
- By the end it should have at least tripled in volume and be exuberantly frothy.
- This could take up to 15 minutes.
- Continue whisking as you slowly pour in the Prosecco; you should then have a soft, billowing mass.
- Remove the bowl from its pan of simmering water, and place on a cold surface or stand it in a pan of cold water, and whisk until cool. Then whisk the whipping cream and fold into the egg mixture.
- Pour into 2 glasses,
- Garnish with chocolate shavings,
The Cookjkstern Long Island City, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!