Crab And Cream Cheese WontonsFrom hollymayb 4 years ago
- 1 pack imitation crab meat (usually about 1/2 Lb) shopping list
- 1 brick cream cheese shopping list
- 2 T dried tarragon shopping list
- 1 pack wonton wrappers (you'll need 60) shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- candy/frying thermometre shopping list
- sweet chilli sauce for dipping shopping list
How to make it
- In a high sided pan or medium sized pot, start heating about 4 inches of oil slowly over med-low heat. Attach thermometer to the side of the pot.
- Finely chop crab and mix with cream cheese and tarragon until smooth. (this can be done really easily in the food processor, but alas, I don't have one)
- Taste mixture and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper as desired.
- To assemble the wontons:
- take 1 square and place it on your work surface
- spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of crab mixture in the middle of the wrapper
- moisten edges of the wrapper with water using your fingers or a pastry brush
- fold wrapper over crab mixture to form a triangle
- press edges to seal, taking care not to let too much air get trapped inside (or they will puff up like balloons in the oil, which is kinda neat to watch, but not so tasty)
- fold bottom two corners into the middle and press firmly together (like an envelope)
- set aside and continue with the other 59 wontons
- When the oil reaches 350F, fry the wontons 6 or so at a time until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Do not cook too long, or filling will start to erupt through from the wonton.
- Serve warm with sweet chilli sauce.
The Cookhollymayb Baltimore, Maryland
The Rating5 people
I will have to whip this up for my son-in-law--he always gets this when we go out!uncoolmom in Atlanta loved it
I love these thank you for posting. Crab Rangoons are what we call them here and they are so good.
Fiver from me.trigger in loved it
I love these too!!! Great Recipe Holly thanks. Hope all is well with you and your family... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it