Twice Baked PotatoesFrom j9gem 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oven to 450.
- Pour olive oil into a small plate, less than 1/4 cup.
- Roll each potato in the olive oil, then transfer to second clean plate.
- Season both sides with garlic and salt.
- Place directly on rack in oven, (You may want to place a cookie sheet on the rack below to catch any drippings.)
- Cook 1 hour.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn on broiler.
- Slice each potato in half.
- Scoop out middles with a small spoon and place in a medium size bowl, careful not to break the skins.
- Leave 1/4 inch of potato inside each half to help hold it's shape.
- Add butter and bacon bits to potatoes, mash gently.
- Add S & P, if desired.
- Refill each potato half with mixture.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Broil 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with sour cream.