Lemon Cream Coffee CakeFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) carton lemon yogurt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or mace shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar; fold in lemon yogurt and lemon peel. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together 3 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg or mace. Cut in the 1 cup butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Combine eggs, milk and almond extract. Add to flour mixture, mixing until blended. Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the batter. Spoon the remaining batter in small mounds over the cream cheese mixture, spreading out as much as possible.
- Combine the 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour; cut in the 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans or almonds. Sprinkle nut mixture over batter in pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake is golden and toothpick inserted in dough mounds comes out clean (do not test in filling). Cool on wire rack at least 45 minutes before serving. Chill to store. Makes 12 servings.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating6 people
Oh Henrie....Hey that's a candy bar...TeeHee....Seriously, this sounds incredible...Thanks, got it saved...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
thats a delicous cake thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Missed your desserts :)ahmed1 in Cairo loved it