Oscar Brown Sugar CookiesFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 3/4 - CUP vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/2- CUP FIRMLY PACKED light brown sugar shopping list
- 1- TABLESPOON water shopping list
- 2- eggs shopping list
- DASH OF salt shopping list
- 1/4 - TEASPOON baking soda shopping list
- 1/3- CUP UNSWEETENED cocoa POWDER shopping list
- 1 1/2 - CUPS ALL- PURPOSE flour shopping list
- 1- TEASPOON vanilla extract shopping list
- 2- CUPS SEMI-SWEET chocolate chips shopping list
- 2- CUPS FLAKED DRIED coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- in a large bowl combine the shortening, brown sugar, and water
- beat until well blended
- add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- then beat in the salt, baking soda, cocoa, and flour until thoroughly mixed.
- stir in vanilla and chocolate chips
- spread the coconut on a plate using a spoon scoop out small lumps of the dough and shape in 1/2 inch balls then roll in the coconut..........coating them evenly.
- as the balls are coated arranged them on an ungreased baking sheet making sure they dont touch each other.
- bake at 375 degrees until they flatten slightly about 7 minutes
- using a spatula transfer the cookies to another baking sheet to cool
- store in container with tight fitting lid .. with wax paper bwt layers
- they will keep as long as your fingers stay out of them hahaha
- makes 36 cookies
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating3 people
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, tink, and just in time for holiday baking! 5 to you, my friend. Added to Christmas is Coming group.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Sounds delicious for christmas...Thanks Mini for sharing with us.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
OMG, Tink! It is almost 12:30 a.m., and I am making these cookies, LOL! They smell awesome, so I am sure they will taste just as good!m11andrade in Kankakee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!