Oscar Brown Sugar CookiesFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 3/4 - CUP vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/2- CUP FIRMLY PACKED light brown sugar shopping list
- 1- TABLESPOON water shopping list
- 2- eggs shopping list
- DASH OF salt shopping list
- 1/4 - TEASPOON baking soda shopping list
- 1/3- CUP UNSWEETENED cocoa POWDER shopping list
- 1 1/2 - CUPS ALL- PURPOSE flour shopping list
- 1- TEASPOON vanilla extract shopping list
- 2- CUPS SEMI-SWEET chocolate chips shopping list
- 2- CUPS FLAKED DRIED coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- in a large bowl combine the shortening, brown sugar, and water
- beat until well blended
- add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- then beat in the salt, baking soda, cocoa, and flour until thoroughly mixed.
- stir in vanilla and chocolate chips
- spread the coconut on a plate using a spoon scoop out small lumps of the dough and shape in 1/2 inch balls then roll in the coconut..........coating them evenly.
- as the balls are coated arranged them on an ungreased baking sheet making sure they dont touch each other.
- bake at 375 degrees until they flatten slightly about 7 minutes
- using a spatula transfer the cookies to another baking sheet to cool
- store in container with tight fitting lid .. with wax paper bwt layers
- they will keep as long as your fingers stay out of them hahaha
- makes 36 cookies
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating3 people
OMG, Tink! It is almost 12:30 a.m., and I am making these cookies, LOL! They smell awesome, so I am sure they will taste just as good!m11andrade in Kankakee loved it
Sounds delicious for christmas...Thanks Mini for sharing with us.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, tink, and just in time for holiday baking! 5 to you, my friend. Added to Christmas is Coming group.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!