Apple ClafoutiFrom jlv1023 6 years ago
- Batter shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream shopping list
- 6 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter shopping list
- 4 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp brandy shopping list
- 1tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400
- For the batter: put eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, flour, sugar and salt in lender and blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Generously butter a 10" pie plate then set in oven to heat.
- For the apples: melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add apples, 1/2 cup sugar and brandy and cook until apples are glazed and heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Remove pie plate from oven and immediately pour in half the batter.
- Arrange warm apple slices over batter, reserving juices, then pour remaining batter over apples.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tsp sugar and a little cinnamon over batter.
- Bake until clafouti is golden and set in the middle (about 25-30 minutes).
- Drizzle with warmed reserved pan juices.
The Cookjlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!