Baba Ghanouj Roasted Eggplant PureeFrom rescue_ranger 7 years ago
How to make it
- Split the eggplant lengthwise; brush them with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place the eggplant cut-side down on a sheetpan and roast at450 for 20-30 minutes or until the eggplant is very soft. Allow the eggplant to cool to room temperature.
- When they are at room temperature scoop out the flesh of the eggplant with a spoon and discard the skins. Place the flesh of the eggplant in a colander to drain for about 20 minutes.
- Place the drained eggplant in a food processor along with the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Puree until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
The Cookrescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
The Rating4 people
awsome recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thank you AGAIN!! and you were a bonafide chef ala Marriot!
Baba ganouj is sooo very delish!! another keeper. you rock!!ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!