Blackberry FrittersFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place ice cubes in a blender and process to crush.
- Set aside 4 of the blackberries and add the remaining berries to the blender or food processor along with the sugar and puree until smooth.
- Add ice cream and milk and process until smooth or to the desired consistency.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses and garnish with the reserved berries.
- Serve immediately.Thaw berries well then drain off syrup and save.
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Measure blackberry syrup and add enough syrup to make 1/2 cup.
- Place shortening in heavy deep kettle and begin heating gradually. Beat eggs with syrup until foamy.
- Mix quickly into dry ingredients and fold in berries then drop from a tablespoon into hot oil.
- Turn fritters occasionally.
- When browned drain on paper towels and serve warm.