Pepper Crusted Steaks With Garlic MashFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 whole heads garlic with top 1/4" sliced off shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup kosher salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup coarsely ground peppercorns shopping list
- 4 rib eye steaks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme shopping list
- 4 slices toasted crusty bread shopping list
How to make it
- Place heads of garlic in middle of a foot long sheet of aluminum foil.
- Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil over garlic then wrap foil tightly around.
- Place in a 300 degree oven and roast garlic for 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Blend salt and pepper then rub mixture over all sides of steaks.
- Place steaks on a greased broiler pan and broil 7 minutes per side.
- Remove from broiler then cover loosely with a foil tent and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- While steaks are resting squeeze roasted garlic cloves out of their skins and into a small bowl.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper to taste then mix well.
- Spread garlic mash over toast then top each piece of toast with a steak and serve right away.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!