Home made Mutton CurryFrom chandrima 8 years ago
- 1 kg mutton with bone. (I like with bone!) shopping list
- If you like to to have pieces of the leg which has the bone marrow.. It is just a very welcome inthis curry. shopping list
- 4 medium size chopped onions shopping list
- 3 medium chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 7-10 green chillies shopping list
- 3 tbsp of garlic paste shopping list
- 1 tbsp of ginger paste shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes cut in halves shopping list
- 1 tsp of cumin seed powder shopping list
- 1 tsp of coriander powder (optional) shopping list
- 4 cardamom shopping list
- 2 sticks of cinnamon shopping list
- 4 cloves shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 3 tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- 3 tcsp of chopped coriander leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp mustard oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup yogurt shopping list
- salt and sugar to taste shopping list
- Red chilly powder shopping list
- 2 cap of rum or 1/2 cup papaya paste or any tenderiser. shopping list
How to make it
- For Marination.
- Mix yogurt, chilly powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, mustard oil, salt to taste. and leave it for 45 minutes or overnight if possible. If you are using papaya or the rum you can add it now. (Traditionally we use a young lamb meat from the local butcher shop so no tenderiser is added.)
- Prepare the Potatoes by adding a bit of turmeric powder (for colour)and salt.
- In Deep Frying pan or Stove top or Presure cooker dry roast the whole spices sticks of cinnamon, cloves, cardamom. Take the spices out and pound them to become powder.
- This works two ways Firstly add aroma to the cooking vessel as well as roasted spices can easily be powdered.
- Save it for the end (This is Garam Masala)
- Add some oil and fry the potatoes till Golden in colour.
- Now take the potatoes out.
- If you have some meat fat, or pork fat , fry it oil at this stage
- Now add some more oil and fry the garlic and the chopped onions.
- Then when the onion are golden brown add the ginger paste and the cumin seed powder.
- Then add the tomoatoes.
- Put some 1 tsp turmeric powder, Red chilly powder and green chilies. Let it fry.
- When you can see the oil from the sauce surfacing on the top you can add the marinated meat.
- and the fried potatoes
- Add salt according to taste and let it the meat cook in low sim till the water from the meat comes out. Cover the lid and the let meat cook in steam.
- To know if the meat is cooked, see if the meat is seperating from the bone on its own.
- You can reduce the sauce to make it curry like increase the flame.
- Also at this satge add the Garam masala powder and the coriander leaves chopped.
- Let it sim for few minutes with cover lid.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice or rotis.
The Cookchandrima Delhi, IN
The Rating2 people
Hi there, Chandrima - and thank you for posting another wonderful and loaded-with-flavor recipe. I love it and I know my house will smell glorious while this is cooking. It's funny - bone marrow has become all the rage lately - or so it seems to me...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
sounds tasty high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!