Pressure Cooker ChiliFrom danerin2 6 years ago
- 2 lbs beef cubes shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cubanelle pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 long hot pepper, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder, or to taste shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 1 bottle beer or ale shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 14-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- sour cream and shredded cheese for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Heat pressure cooker over medium high heat, add oil.
- Working in batches, brown beef cubes on all sides in oil.
- Remove browned beef to a plate.
- Add more oil if necessary and cook onions over medium heat until slightly browned and softened.
- Add peppers and garlic to onions and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and optional hot pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add beer and deglaze pan.
- Put beef back in pressure cooker and add all remaining ingredients except sour cream and cheese.
- Bring up to pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to release pressure and finish cooking.
- If thicker chili is desired, just simmer uncovered for another 15 minutes to thinken it up.