Chicken Parmesan with RotiniFrom henrie 6 years ago
- I made this for dinner awhile ago and it was very good. I served it with a side salad and garlic bread. shopping list
- 3 cups whole wheat rotini pasta (I just used regular rotini) shopping list
- 10 Ritz crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup crumbs) shopping list
- 3 TBSP grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb) shopping list
- 2 cups tomato-bail spaghetti sauce, divided shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package. Meanwhile, combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and oregano in pie plate. Lightly beat egg white in separate pie plate. Dip chicken in egg white, then roll in crumb mixture until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. heat on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Spoon 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce over chicken; top with mozzarella cheese. Cover skillet with lid. Reduce heat to low, simmer 3 minutes or until sauce is hot and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, drain pasta; return to pan. Add remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce; toss to coat. Cook on medium heat 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon onto serving plates; top with chicken.