Pecan PieFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- Whole OR chopped pecans to cover top of pie shopping list
- Frozen OR homemade 8" pie crust, unbaked shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the sugar, eggs, corn syrup, 3/4 cup chopped pecans and melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Either sprinkle with 1 cup chopped pecans OR arrange whole pecans in concentric circles (time-consuming, but makes a beautiful presentation!) on top of pie.
- Bake for 75 minutes.
- **If pecans begin to brown too much, cover pie with foil.
- Remove from oven.
- Transfer to a wire rack for cooling.