Make It Yourself--sweetened Condensed MilkFrom keni 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine milk and sugar into medium sauce pan, stirring often to dissolve sugar and bring to a low boil. See Photo
- Boil, stirring constantly, for about 30 minutes See Photo. Don't over cook or it will be too thick when cooled.
- Milk will become a bit more caramely in color than the canned, but the flavor should be nearly identical. See Photo
- Let cool to room temperature before using in a recipe, but, I suggest using it immediately rather than refrigerating it. See Photo
- ***please note, I am offering this recipe for those who either can't get the canned variety or, have run out and can't go get it but need it for a recipe...I'm not suggesting using it as a replacement for the canned if you don't have to, because it is a bit time consuming, and, it's no better for you than the canned! :)***
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating5 people
awsome brilliant idea and recipe thanks Keni high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Keni what a wonderful idea!! It looks yummy!!
Nice to see you back :) Missed you!! Big 5gourmetana in London loved it