Honey Roasted Chicken With Rosemary And DijonFrom coffeebean53 5 years ago
- 1 whole chicken, about 5 pounds shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 lemon, zested, halved and juiced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan.
- Roughly chop two sprigs of the rosemary. In a small bowl, mix together Dijon mustard, honey, chopped rosemary, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Place the remaining sprig of rosemary, a lemon half, the onion quarters and garlic in the cavity of the bird. Using a pastry brush, coat the outside of the bird with the lemon honey glaze.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and baste the chicken every 15 minutes with any remaining glaze. Roast until a thermometer inserted into the thigh reaches 180° and juices run clear, about one hour. Remove and discard the skin. Serve hot or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating6 people
10, 10, 10!!! Great recipe Bean..... I was looking for this recipe!!
THANKS!!berry in loved it
Great recipe. 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
I love this recipe the flavor and combo of seasoninigs thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!