Honey Roasted Chicken With Rosemary And DijonFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 1 whole chicken, about 5 pounds shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 lemon, zested, halved and juiced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan.
- Roughly chop two sprigs of the rosemary. In a small bowl, mix together Dijon mustard, honey, chopped rosemary, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Place the remaining sprig of rosemary, a lemon half, the onion quarters and garlic in the cavity of the bird. Using a pastry brush, coat the outside of the bird with the lemon honey glaze.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and baste the chicken every 15 minutes with any remaining glaze. Roast until a thermometer inserted into the thigh reaches 180° and juices run clear, about one hour. Remove and discard the skin. Serve hot or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating7 people
10, 10, 10!!! Great recipe Bean..... I was looking for this recipe!!
THANKS!!berry in Winter Park loved it
Great recipe. 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
I love this recipe the flavor and combo of seasoninigs thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!