Thanksgiving Breakfast Cranberry MuffinsFrom sweetwords 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 orange (enough to make 2 tsp grated peel) shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups whole fresh cranberries shopping list
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted shopping list
- 3/4 cup - 1 cup sugar (depending how sweet you like your muffins) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Chop pecans a little more, if necessary. Grate orange peel to make 2 tsp. Coarsely chop cranberries. Set all aside.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Combine next 8 ingredients (flour through salt) and orange peel.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in juice, eggs, and vanilla just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Fill 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups 1/2 full. (Note: it will make a smaller muffin, easier to eat.)
- Bake 20-25 minutes.