Chocolate Nougat SquaresFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 4- chocolate covered candy bars ( such as milky way or midnight bars)cut into ½ inch chunks shopping list
- 1 1/4-- cups unsifted bleached cake flour shopping list
- 1/4-- cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4-- teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/8- teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2- pound ( 16 tablespoons or 2 sticks) unsalted butter melted and cooled to tepid….. shopping list
- 4- ounces unsweetened chocolate , melted and cooled to tepid shopping list
- 4- large eggs shopping list
- 2- cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 - teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Film the inside of a 9x9 by 2 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray..
- Chill the candy…..refrigerate the chunks of chocolate candy for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerating the candy helps to keep its shape intact as its incorporated into the batter…….
- Mix the batter , sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- In a medium -sized mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter and chocolate until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl , whisk until combined, about 30 seconds
- Blend in the vanilla extract and melted butter- chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour mixture over and stir to form a batter, mixing thoroughly until the particles of flour are absorbed, using a whisk or flat wooden paddle
- Carefully stir in the chunks of candy
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly
- Smooth the top with a rubber spatula
- Bake , the brownies in the preheated oven for 35- 40 minutes, or until set.
- Let the brownies stand in pan on a cooling rack for 2 hours
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
- With a small sharp knife , cut them into quarters then cut each quarter into 4 squares
- Remove the squares from the baking pan , using a small spatula
- Store in airtight container
- makes 16 squares.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating5 people
OK, tink. I'm ready to eat for the good of God and country. Lay it on me! Five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
OMG---like Lorraine said LAY IT ON ME!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Looks and sounds sooo yummmmy!!!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!