Spiced Apple Pear Cranberry CrispFrom christinem 7 years ago
- fruit MIXTURE: shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries shopping list
- 3/4 cup water* shopping list
- 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 6 whole cloves shopping list
- 2 1" x 3" strips of orange peel* shopping list
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 2 tart apples, such as Granny Smith shopping list
- 2 pears shopping list
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp. flour shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup oats shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- *You can use the juice of one orange for part of the water, if desired - just juice the orange and add enough water to equal 3/4 cup. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Poke three cloves into each strip of orange peel.
- Place cranberries, cinnamon stick(s), orange peel studded with cloves, granulated sugar, honey and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Discard cinnamon sticks, peel and cloves.
- Meanwhile, peel, core and cube the apples and pears; sprinkle with lemon juice and toss with 1 tbsp. flour
- Stir the cranberry mixture into the apple/pear mixture and pour into a lightly greased baking dish (I use either a 9" square or 1 1/2 qt. oval casserole dish).
- In a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, pecans and cinnamon. Mix in butter until coarse crumbs are formed. Sprinkle evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until topping is brown and crisp.