Butternut Squash With ApplesFrom otterpond 8 years ago
- 20 oz container, peeled and cubed butternut squash or 1-1/2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed shopping list
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup shopping list
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, such as craisins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss squash, onion and olive oil together in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes or until browned and tender. Whisk together red wine vinegar and maple syrup. Pour over squash. Roast another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven. Toss with apples, walnuts and cranberries.
- Serves 6.
- Per serving: 155 calories, 6 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein, 202% Vitamin A, 37% Vitamin C, 6% calcium, 6% iron
The Cookotterpond Windermere, FL
The Rating3 people
Love this recipe.Butternut Squash is one of my all time favorites.High Five Thanksbumblebeez114 in Holly Hill loved it
All my favorite ingredients in this recipe. I will surely try this one - hopefully without changing it :) !!!!!5nadaism in Bathurst loved it
Interesting will make it soon ----- high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it