Red Velvet Cupcakes With Banana Cream Cheese FrostingFrom spoil_me2 7 years ago
- Cupcake: shopping list
- 2- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa (powdered) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking podwer shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup butermilk (*Note) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ( I used banana extract) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 package cream cheese, regular ( I used tofutti better than cream cheese) shopping list
- 1 stick of unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ( substituted banana extract for this) shopping list
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cupcake Directions:
- -Peheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake pans and spray with non-stick spray.
- -Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bixing bowl. Sift dry ingredients 3 times.
- -Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- -Add eggs one at a time. making sure to beat well after each egg.
- -Alternate adding 1/4 of the dry ingredients and approximately 1/4 of the buttermilk to the creamed mixture untill well mixed.
- -Mix in vanilla and red food coloring.
- -Fill lined cupcake pans 1/2 full of red velvet batter. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.
- -Cool cupcakes in pans for 5 to 10 minutes before transfering them to wire rack.
- -Cool completely before frosting.
- Substitute 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar in 1 cup measuring cup. Fill milk in measuring cup to the 1 cup line.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- On a personal note. I used white vinegar and organic soymilk. Mine came out a little dry. So you may need to readjust a bit.
- Frosting Directions:
- In a medium size bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until blended and smooth. With electric mixer on low speed, beat in 4 cups confectioners' sugar. ( I did this a 1 cup at a time)
- Frosting can also be done in a food processor.
- Makes 3 cups.
The Cookspoil_me2 Canton, OH
The Rating3 people
That was really great posting..Thanks for sharing with us.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Your recipe is wonderful I love the frosting.
My friend Lunasea aka Vickie has a red velvet cake recipe and it could be used for this recipe .
trigger in loved it
P.S. Flagged as beautifultrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!