Broccoli and Cheese StrataFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 12 1/4" thick slices day old Italian bread shopping list
- 20 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained OR 1 pound fresh broccoli, blanched and cut in small pieces shopping list
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 cup onion, minced shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a 9" square pan.
- Arrange four slices of bread on bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 EACH broccoli, jack cheese and onion.
- Repeat layering until ingredients are gone.
- Whisk together the egg whites, eggs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Pour mixture over the broccoli mixture in the pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes more.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- juels Clayton, NC
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- frodo Meadville, MS
- grk Houston, TX
- cleofis_randolph_the_patriarche Oklahoma City By Way Of The Central Coast Of California, OK
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- shandalulu West Valley City, UT
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating7 people
good dish 5frodo in meadville loved it
I knew frodo would be here he seem to love the breakfasts hahahaha
good one lorraine a five from me
3 down hahaha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
What a great alternative to the standard broccoli, cheese and rice! Thanks!clbacon in Birmingham loved it