Three Cheese Pasta With A Parsley And Citrus GremolataFrom dond 7 years ago
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- Zest of 1 orange shopping list
- ½ cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4½ ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 4½ ounces taleggio cheese, cubed (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 3 ounces Fontina cheese, cubed (about ½ cup packed) shopping list
- 1 pound whole-wheat fusilli (spiral-shaped pasta) shopping list
How to make it
- Place grated Parmeggiana or Grana Padano, chopped parsley, and zests in a bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate the gremolata until it is time to serve the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the fusili and cook until it reaches the al dente stage. Don’t overcook, since you are going to add the pasta to a hot cheese sauce, where it will cook for another minute or so. Drain thoroughly in a colander and set aside while the sauce heats.
- In a large saucepan, bring milk just to boil over medium-low heat; remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan and add the flour. Heat gently, stirring until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Add about ½ cup of the heated milk and continue stirring. Continue adding milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until the sauce has the consistency of thick cream.
- Crumble the Gorgonzola, Taleggio, and Fontina and add to the sauce, stirring until the cheeses are melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cooked pasta. Stir and serve, sprinkling some of the parsley-citrus gremolata over each portion.
The Cookdond Rockville, MD
The Rating3 people
I have the gorgonzola and fontina on hand, and I know where to go to get the taleggio-- and I live in a town of about 40,000 in rural Southwest Missouri. I think this dish is highly accessible to most people who want to expand their gustatory horizo...morewaterlily in Joplin loved it
wow this looks and sounds incredible love it
love the cheeses ......
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I've got all those fromages in my fridge plus more! I'm a cheesehead. Love this post and thank for adding the whole wheat pasta. I'm trying to eat healthier. Maybe with all the cheeses I can get by the taste of the ww pasta!LOLgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!