Corn ChowderFrom acemom 7 years ago
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 5 medium potatoes, chopped shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, chopped shopping list
- 2 cans creamed corn shopping list
- 1 pint half-and-half (or whole milk) shopping list
- 5-7 strips bacon, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer onion and potatoes in just enough water to cover them, until softened (not completely mushy). Do not drain. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add butter, Velveeta, corn, half-and-half*; stir. Crumble bacon on top. Cook over low heat one hour, stirring occasionally.
- *You could add chicken leftovers to this and then it's Chicken Corn Chowder.
People Who Like This Dish 17
- meluah Nowhere, Us
- shortee1980 Broken Arrow, OK
- crystalh Arcata, CA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- pointsevenout Athens, AL
- yumyumm Huntington Beach
- cherublisa Sutherlin, OR
- albys1 Broomall, Pennsylvania
- lovnlaughter Bartlesville, OK
- bbrubaker143 Florence, AZ
- Plus 7 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookacemom Glenpool, OK
The Rating3 people
Corn chowder rocks! I added it to a couple of groups so it could get a bit more exposure. I hope it is not shy.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
this is a great corn chowder! took shortee's idea with the blt. was great!! "GOOD EATS"jbuck72 in raymond loved it
This Goes well with a BLT!!! Yummy:) Very Creamy!!shortee1980 in Broken Arrow loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!