Pistachio Crusted Goat Cheese Salad with Roasted Beets Honey and Lemon VinaigretteFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- (For the vinaigrette) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice and zest of one lemon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon honey shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 pound mixed greens, or your favorite salad mix shopping list
- 10 small red beets shopping list
- 1 (-6oz) log fresh goat cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely crushed pistachio nuts, not toasted shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tbsp water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the beets on a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and make a pouch out of the foil, sealing it tightly.
- Bake beets for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let beets steam for 10 minutes.
- Open the pouch and let the beets cool slightly. (This can be done a day in advance.)
- Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, honey, and shallot in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oils and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the vinaigrette aside.
- After the beets have cooled enough to handle, remove and discard the skins and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Mix the beets with half of vinaigrette, then mix the salad greens with the rest of the vinaigrette.
- Transfer greens to plates and top with beets.
- Cut goat cheese log into 6 portions and form the goat cheese into disks.
- Using the breading procedure, dust goat cheese disks in flour.
- Next, dip in the beaten egg mixture, and then roll in pistachios.
- Follow this process with all six goat cheese disks.
- When you are ready to serve, heat 2 inches of canola oil in a small saucepan.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees and deep fry the goat cheese discs until golden brown.
- Serve on top of the salad mixture.
- To garnish, add a few chopped pistachios and drizzle with more honey.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Salads Galore255 members
Winter Dishes56 members
Seasonally Winter73 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
101 A Cheese Place144 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Vegetable Side Dishes58 members