Banana Chocolate Chip SoftiesFrom gwencampbell 5 years ago
- 1 Ripe medium banana shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teas baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teas salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter ( or margarine ) softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teas vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips shopping list
- Optional - 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease cookie sheets
- Peel banana and mash with fork to make 1/2 cup
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl
- Beat in banana, egg and vanilla, scrape down bowl
- Add flour mixture, beat at low speed until well combined, scrape down bowl
- Stir in chips and nuts, if using.
- Dough will be soft.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet
- Bake 9 - 11 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet, 2 minutes
- Remove cookies to wire rack, cool completely
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
- These cookies do not freeze well.
- Makes about 3 dozen.