Tropical Fruit Granola BarsFrom sola 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup water (I replaced with homemade ginger syrup-recipe found on site) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp.ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1 cup sliced almonds or chopped macadamia nuts shopping list
- 1 cup coconut flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
- 1 cup Tropical mixed dried fruit shopping list
- 1 cup raisins,or dried cranberries or combination of both shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan,combine sugar,butter,honey,water,maple syrup and salt.Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.Stir in oats,nuts and sesame seeds.Cook stirring frequently for 15 minutes.Adding cinnamon towards end of cooking time.
- Remove pan from heat and add fruit,,ginger and coconut.Spread into a 15X10 (jelly roll )pan,lined with parchment or waxed paper.
- Place a piece of wax paper over mixture and roll out.I used a full olive jar as it was long and weighty.But if you have a rolling pin that would fit or something along those lines to roll with,it makes spreading even and easier.This will also pack everything down,making it stick together better.
- When mixture is spread evenly remove wax paper and score into desired size bars.Let cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Break off along scored lines into bars.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Note: I toasted my sesame seeds and almonds first,if you prefer a toasted flavor you may do so as well.
- And if you do not have real maple syrup,use all honey.
- See Group Recipe memeber' Thyme4ma's recipe for ginger syrup-oooh is it good!