Mexican Tomato Lime SoupFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 46 ounces tomato juice shopping list
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup lime juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce, to taste shopping list
- 2 cups baked tortilla chips, coarsely crushed shopping list
How to make it
- In a soup pot on low heat, saute the garlic and cumin in the oil for a minute.
- Becareful not to brown the garlic.
- Stir in the tomato juice, fresh tomatoes, limejuice, and cilantro.
- Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for several minutes.
- Add Tabasco to taste.
- Place the tortilla chips in large, shallow soup bowls, and ladle the soup over them.
- NOTES : This soup is also delicious chilled. Saute the garlic and cumin as described.
- Add the tomato juice, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro and Tabasco, and refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Omit the tortilla chips and top with cubes of fresh avocado.