Lemon Sponge PieFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- grated rinds of 2 lemons (Not the white skin) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 eggs,seperated shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 1 ready-made pastry crust for 1 9-inch pie or make your own if your feeling industrious! shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar, butter, flour, lemon rind, lemon juice, milk and egg yolks.
- In a seperate bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold egg white mixture into first mixture.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, checking at 20 and 30, as some oven times will vary.
- Cool before serving.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!