Bay Scallop GratinFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 6Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 6lg.garlic cloves,minced,2 med shallots,minced shopping list
- 2oz. thinly sliced prosciutto de Palma,minced shopping list
- 4Tbs minced fresh parsley,plus extra for garnish shopping list
- 2Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 2Tbs Pernod(anise flavored liquer) shopping list
- 2tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1tsp fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 6Tbs good olive oil shopping list
- 1/2c panko shopping list
- 6Tbs dry white wine shopping list
- 2lbs. fresh bay scallops shopping list
- Lemon for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425. Place 6(6" round) gratin dishes on sheet pan.
- To make topping: Place butter in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment(can also use hand mixer).With mixer on low speed,add the garlic,shallot,prosciutto,parsley,lemon juice,Pernod,salt and pepper and mix until combined. With mixer still on low,add the olive oil slowly as if making mayonnaise,until combined. Fold the panko in with rubber spatula,set aside
- Preheat broiler if seperate from oven.
- Place 1Tbs. of the wine in bottom of each gratin dish. With small sharp knife,remove white muscle and membrane from side of of each scallop and discard. Pat scallops dry with paper towels and distribute them among the 6 dishes. Spoon the garlic butter evenly over the top of the scallops. Bake 10 to 12 mins,until topping is golden and sizzling and the scallops are barely done. If you want the topping crustier,place dishes under broiler for 2 mins. until browned.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and sprinkling of parsley and serve immediately with crusty French bread.