Jamacian Flank SteakFrom thegoldminer 8 years ago
- • 2 lbs. beef flank steak shopping list
- • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- • 3 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- • 3 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- • 1 piece (1 1/2 x 1 inches) fresh ginger, minced (use powdered ginger if fresh is not available, about teaspoon) shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons grated orange peel shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons lime peel shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- • Shredded orange peel shopping list
- • Shredded lime peel shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Score both sides of beef by cutting 1/4 inch deep diagonal lines about 1 inch apart in surface of steak to form diamond-shaped designs….. I would make the cuts 1/2 ich apart to more marinade into the meet.
- 2. Combine brown sugar, juices, garlic, ginger, grated peels, salt, pepper, cinnamon and cloves in 2-quart glass dish.....after grating the orange and lime, roll them on the counter to loosen up the juice. Then cut in half, squeeze as much as possible then use a spoon to break the rest of the juice from each half. I didn't strain the juice of pulp, just took any seeds out.
- 3. Add beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate steak at least 2 hours….. Mine marinated about 4 hours on the counter.
- 4. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- 5. Grill beef over medium-hot heat about 6 minutes per side until medium-rare or to desired doneness….. I grilled over a open high flame, 3 minutes per side.
- 6. Garnish with shredded orange and lime peels.
- 7. We all got talking and I forgot to take a pic of the grilled steak so all I had to post where the left over slices. Everyone like the flavor, the orange was the most pronounced flavor.
- 8. I usually do flank steak with a marinade of teriyaki marinade, a little soy sauce, ginger and sliced green onions.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating4 people
Looks fabulous!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
love the flavor and combo on this recipe. all the spices in it also.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love the flavors of this! Does look juicy and delicious! Very nice marinade. You make this sound so easy! Great step-by-step pictures!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!