No Knead Pumpkin BreadFrom dollhead 6 years ago
How to make it
- Whisk together puree, spice, salt, water and yeast until smooth.
- Add flour and using a wooden spoon, mix all well until no dry clumps of flour remain.
- Cover loosely with damp towel/plastic wrap and let ir rest for 12-16 hours on kitchen counter. It will rise eventually, and should it get too close to top of container-stir it down a bit to deflate it.
- This dough is quite sticky, so using enough flour so that it won’t stick to your hands-shape your loaf and place it on parchment lined baking dish/pan and let it rest for about 1& 1/2-2 hours until it is nearly double in size.
- Once your loaf has risen quite a bit, preheat your oven to 425°. Place a small loaf (or other) pan in oven and fill it with 2 inches of water. This will help provide steam for that crispy crust. You may also bake this on a stone if you wish. I baked mine in a round pan with a small sheet of parchment lining it.
- Once loaf is nearly double in size, load it into 425° oven with water filled pan. Bake for 30 minutes, then rotate pan (to help even out any browning issues) and bake for about another 20 minutes.
- Let it cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
- This bread is really delicious and crusty-I hope you try it.
- 12/15/08-after making this bread more than 12 times.....I think it tastes better with 1/2-1 teaspoon of sugar in it. Remember-the pumpkin is only there for color--NOT flavor. Also, I have an electric oven, and get perfect results every time.....but with my friends gas oven I was very disappointed with the results (taste was good, but crust color and crumb texture wasn't as nice as it gets in my oven).
The Cookdollhead Mechanicville, US
The Rating5 people
great tasty pumpkin bread high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
No knead bread, this sounds awesome! Love the pumpkin flavor, too!juels in Clayton loved it
Love the idea of no kneading - gold Dolly!ditty in Brisbane loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!