Banana Crunch MuffinsFrom kytigger 6 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 2 extra-large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 bananas) shopping list
- 1 cup medium-diced ripe bananas (1 banana) shopping list
- 1 cup small-diced walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup granola shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- Dried banana chips, granola, or shredded coconut, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 18 large muffin cups with paper liners. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the melted butter and blend. Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas, and add them to the flour-and-butter mixture. Scrape the bowl and blend well. Don't overmix.
- Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, granola, and coconut into the batter. Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each 1 to the top. Top each muffin with dried banana chips, granola, or coconut, if desired. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly, remove from the pan, and serve.