Beef Stuffed CabbageFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 large green cabbage shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup stale bread crumbs plus 1/4 cup shopping list
- 2 bunches Italian parsley finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped shopping list
- 10 sage leaves finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups basic tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove 20 whole leaves from cabbage and plunge into boiling water.
- Cook until soft enough to fold about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cool water and lay out on clean kitchen towel to continue cooling.
- Combine beef, 1/2 cup crumbs, 1/4 cup parsley, red onion, sage, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Mix well with hands.
- Lay out cabbage leaves and place a medium handful of beef in lower center of each leaf.
- Fold lateral sides inward and roll from base to form closed pocket out of each leaf.
- In large ovenproof casserole place half the tomato sauce and all the white wine.
- Lay cabbage rolls on top of sauce until covered with one layer.
- Spoon remaining sauce over and bake 1 hour.
- Remove and sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and parsley then serve immediately.