Mashed Sweet Potatoes with MolassesFrom erin 9 years ago
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (2 lbs. total), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 8 small carrots (1 lb. total), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 4 med. parsnips (1 lb. total), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 4 tbsp sour cream at room temp shopping list
- 4 tbsp molasses shopping list
- 4 tbsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup warmed half-and-half shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, combine sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until tender, 15-20 mins.
- Drain well and return to saucepan.
- Pass the veggies through a potato ricer, or mash by hand.
- Stir in the butter, sour cream, molasses, grated ginger, and half-and-half.
- Salt and pepper to taste.