Crushed Peppermint CakeFrom blueeyes68ky 4 years ago
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1- 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- Perppermint frosting shopping list
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (2-lb.) pkg. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract shopping list
- 8 small candy canes, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a third bowl, combine milk, water, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating after each addition.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Lightly fold egg whites into batter.
- (For pink cakes, add red food coloring here.)
- Turn into two greased 9-inch round pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, then turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
- For Peppermint Frosting, mix cream cheese and butter, gradually adding powdered sugar, whipping cream, and then peppermint extract.
- (For pink frosting, add red food coloring here.)
- Spread frosting between layers and sprinkle with 1/3 of the crushed candy canes.
- Frost remainder of cake and sprinkle with remaining candy.
- Serves 10-12.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating4 people
This looks and sounds absolutely decadent. Great recipe and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This would look so festive for Christmas - and I bet delicious, too!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Great cake for the holidays! Thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it