Classic Pumpkin Pie with a TwistFrom fizzle3nat 8 years ago
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar - My twist - use packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg - My twist shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated and minced orange zest - My twist shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin shopping list
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell shopping list
- whipped cream (optional - not in my world! Try adding a little vanilla or cinnamon) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and orange zest in small bowl. Stir into eggs and mix well. Mix in pumpkin. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!