Marlboro Chuck Wagon StewFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 white onions sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 28 ounce can tomatoes undrained shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 cups cubed potatoes shopping list
- 2 cups sliced carrots shopping list
How to make it
- Coat beef in mixture of flour, paprika and 1 teaspoon chili powder and salt.
- Brown in melted shortening in a large Dutch oven.
- Add onions and garlic then cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, cinnamon, cloves and crushed red pepper.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours then add potatoes and carrots.
- Cook until vegetables are done.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
I'll stick with the beef for this good-sounding post, meow. Thanks and a high 5!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Cinnamon and cloves- haven't tried that in a stew before. Sounds like it might be greally good though. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
This sounds really good. I'm going to try it with venison next week.ebowvideo in Americus loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!