Cantonese Short RibsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3-3/4 pounds beef short ribs cut in 1/2" slices with bones shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pureed garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro stems trimmed and roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Lay across a rack in a roasting pan or baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine water, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Brush over top side of ribs and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn then brush again and bake 10 minutes more then set aside to cool.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl then add roasted ribs and toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or as long as 24.
- Preheat grill then grill ribs 20 minutes per side and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!