Candied ClementinesFrom cookingwithcaitlin 7 years ago
How to make it
- First, cut the clementines in half lengthwise, so that each half of the clementine has a “navel on in”. Leave the skin on.
- In a small sauce pot add 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and cook on medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. (This concoction is called a simple syrup.)
- Once the simple syrup is made, add the cut clementines, liquor, and simple syrup to a large bowl to marinate. (Let sit overnight if possible)
- Right before service place the powdered sugar on a plate and drain the clementines.
- Preheat a large saute pan to medium high heat (or you could use your grill if it’s nice outside). Next dip the clementine face down in the powdered sugar and then set face down in the pan.
- Leave the clementines in the saute pan for 2 minutes or until the sugar becomes a bubbling brown caramel. (The clementines only need to be cooked on one side)
- Once the clementines have caramelized and cooled, serve and enjoy!
The Cookcookingwithcaitlin Cincinnati, OH
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!